2012 Stakeholder Report
Leaving a legacy and creating a sustainable future
Our ethical principles
- Honesty and Integrity - "We act with honesty and integrity.”
- We are straightforward and honest in our professional and business relationships.
- We are truthful about the services we provide, the knowledge we possess, and the experience we have gained.
- Professional Behaviour – "We operate within the letter and the spirit of applicable laws."
- We comply with professional standards and applicable laws and regulations.
- We avoid any action that may discredit our firms or our professions.
- We strive not only tdwhat is legal, but alswhat is right.
- Competence – "We bring appropriate skills and capabilities tevery client assignment."
- We understand that the public and our clients expect our work tmeet high professional standards
- We use due care tensure that client needs are matched with Deloitte personnel whhave the competence required for their assignments.
- Objectivity – "We are objective in forming our professional opinions and the advice we give."
- We dnot allow bias, conflict of interest, or undue influence of others toverride our professional judgments.
- We address differences of opinion and handle them constructively and professionally.
- Confidentiality – "We respect the confidentiality of information.”
- We prohibit disclosure of information tanyone inside or outside our firms without the legal or professional right tknow.
- We dnot misuse information of our clients, our firms, or our people for personal advantage or for the benefit of third parties
- Fair Business Practices – "We are committed to fair business practices.”
- We receive fees that reflect the value of services provided and responsibilities assumed, and are considered fair and reasonable by our clients.
- We respect our competitors and dnot compete unfairly.
- Responsibility to Society – "We recognise and respect the impact we have on the world around us.”
- We take our role in society seriously and dnot cause intentional harm.
- We support contributions tthe communities where we operate.
- Respect and Fair Treatment – "We treat all our colleagues with respect, courtesy, and fairness."
- We understand the impact that our individual behaviour has on our firms, our colleagues, and society, and always work ttake responsible action.
- We encourage and value the diverse mix of people, viewpoints, talents, and experiences found at Deloitte.
- We are fair in our behaviour and our policies promote equal opportunity for all.
- Accountability and Decision-making – "We lead by example, using our shared values as our foundation."
- We recognise that we are role models and that we set behavioural standards for our professions and each other.
- We make decisions based on our shared values and expect our leaders and colleagues tdthe same.
Messages from the: